- Event Driven Architecture helps with decoupling applications
- Think about the names used for events
- Let Publisher publish and filter within subscribers
- Use meta data within event headers
- Use standardization on entities within Event, so that the Event is a first citizen data object
There is a lot of hype around Microservices and the use of events for implementing the choreography pattern. However this is nice for companies like Netflix and Twitter, but there are a lot of organisations still struggling with files and ESB like products. Also my current client uses an ESB namely the Oracle SOA Suite 12c for integrations. We cannot just throw away this ESB, but we can make use of the event mechanism built in. This blog describes the way we use the EDN (Event Delivery Network) component, that is used within SOA composites to throw events and to subscribe on events.